Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Certification

I just got back from the Toronto CrossFit Certification course and I have to say... AMAZING. I thought I knew a little about fitness but as it turns out, I know less than I thought. I learned alot about mechanics and fundamental movements. I also understand more about the programming of crossfit and how to do it properly.

Tabata Squats was our first group exercise and going from bottom to bottom is amazingly painful. My legs are still feeling sore from this workout, and we did that on Saturday. Mind you I have not done much physically for 3 weeks now due to a sprained foot/ankle but these squats will do anyone in if done properly.

We focused on squats for the entire day and some of Sunday as well. It just goes to show how important to Crossfit that movement is. We also did drills on the snatch, deadlift, clean, Fight Gone Bad, Fran, Programming for clients and pursuing excellence all stick in my mind.

The trainers were all fantastic. All HQ people were great. Meeting them was like meeting a movie star or something where you look at them and just think... 'you are amazing' Eva T, Nicole, Coach, Tony were great people to hang out with.

I would recommend CrossFit Certification to anyone interested in true fitness, not just someone who wants to earn a living training people. Overall 9 out of 10.

The key for me or anyone after learning something, will be to implement what was learned and make some progress in my own level of fitness. I can say that I have learned quit a bit in my personal journey to be fit but unless it's put into practice knowledge is useless.

My foot is feeling a lot better and I am looking forward to getting back to working out. Injuries are not fun!

1 comment:

Steve Sheffar said...

Thanks for the heads up about the video