Monday, March 17, 2008

No workout posts in a while

It's true. I haven't posted workouts in a while. Not that I haven't been working out but just posting my workouts would pretty boring, no? So I try to up the content and meh....

Lately the workouts have been going at a pretty intense clip. Every other day I have been doing 2 workouts. 1 in the morning, which is usually just intervals. I do about 5-10 2 minute sprints depending on the energy level, with 2 min. rest period. Sometimes I'll mix the rest up or the sprints up, I just keep the body (and me) guessing. Later that night, I'll go to boxing where I'll do more met con (metabolic conditioning) work for the most part but a good portion of that is skill work as well. It makes for a pretty gruelling day of exercise but I'm addicted!

The days that I'm not doing that I'll work on strength, doing max lifts on squats or deadlift or shoulder press. I do practice some explosive stuff concerning the 'o' lifts but mostly form issues, no real weight. All in all it is a pretty intense schedule so I have dropped the workouts to 5 days on 2 off, with the weekend to recuperate. I'm not as young as I used to be!

2 comments:

aka suska said...

With the parentheses I actually am starting to get what you are talking about. I wished that strengthening had been part of my workouts when I was into fitness well and good, but then it was all about looks. I wonder if I am too old to do strengthening and if you would help me to design a program that I could ease into?
mum

Coach Keese said...

You are never too old to strengthen your muscles. I can help with that program too.