Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Results are fast when you do it right!

Today was a weigh in day for a client of mine. If you read my blog with any regularity you will know I hate these days. I hate weighing people because in my HUMBLE(haha) opinion, it doesn't mean anything. What is the weight consisting of, muscle, fat, water? etc. etc. So she got onto the scale and lo and behold the first number she sees is her weight. Drum roll please...... she had gone up in weight! shock and despair! She may have been a little confused at first but I then point out that her body fat has actually gone down a full % which is fantastic because she has only been with me for a month! She has been working damn hard and it is starting to show! It all became a little clearer when we did her measurements and found she had dropped an entire inch off each body part we measured meaning a full 6 inch loss in the month time frame we have been together! Now all these numbers don't mean much to me because I am a performance based trainer; but try telling a woman 6 weeks out of getting married that wants to look great in her dress that she can now do 15 modified pull-ups in a row instead of her 5 and she will look at you like... huh? Anyway, lesson learned, I am going to start with the measurements first, then the scale!

Point being results are dependent on effort. When the effort is there results follow. Just like the point on form following function. These results were from 3x a week work out and a progressing towards zone diet. Time to up the intensity and commit to more workouts and tightening the dial into the zone. In that place results will skyrocket!

No comments: