Saturday, January 12, 2008

Rest

Today I had some much needed rest. The other day though, I went into they gym where I work out and had a body composition done to compare from about 6 weeks ago. It turns I have gained 5 lbs and maintained by BF % at 15%. I knew I was heavier but I didn't expect to increase muscle mass that much especially coming off a 2 week layoff. This change is probably due to my changing my workouts to focus on strength days instead of metcons.

Since size gain isn't one of my goals I am tweaking my workouts yet again. This is something I am becoming more and more comfortable with since I am having to do it alot. So instead of doing 2 strength days and 1 metcon per 3 day cycle I will be switching it every other 3 day cycle. So I will continue to do the 2 strength 1 metcon but folling the one day rest I will rotate to a 2 metcon and 1 strength. This plan seems to make sense because I am looking for not only strength but also improved cardio endurance.

The main goals are to be right about 10% BF and 7min. mile. I will report in another 6 weeks with what happens.

No comments: