Friday, February 8, 2008

MAD DRILLS

Today was a MAD. I call it this because it is mild activity day which is otherwise known as rest day but it really isn't a rest day. It is a go light, practice form, go slow kind of day. Everyone needs rest. That is how we make progress with the workouts we do day in, and day out. BUT... it doesn't mean sit on your butt and eat potato chips. I encourage everyone to do mild activity and by mild i mean anything but doing a WOD. Let's face it, nothing is as intense as a WOD done properly. I usually go through a couple rounds of the warm up to loosen up and stretch all the aches out. Then I practice what I want to get good with light loads or segmented movements.

cfwux2
bergener x2

OHS 95# 3x5 nice and slow to full depth. This is one bad ass move for a 'mild activity'
15 minutes of HSPU practice. These aren't full depth yet as I just finally got into the handstand last week.

No comments: