Monday, February 25, 2008

I have been tagged


I don't usually play these games especially due to the nature of this blog. It first started out as a workout log/journal. Now people are starting to come to it on a regular basis and asking me questions. Weird how that works. Anyway, the game goes like this:

The rules are as follows…

Step one is to take the first book you lay eyes on that fits the rules. Not your favorite book, but the closest at hand:

The rules are as follows…
1. The book must be over 123 pages.
2. Find page 123 in the book.
3. Find the first 5 sentences.
4. Post the next 3 sentences.


So since my sister tagged me I will play.

The first book I saw was The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

The sentences:

From that day on, the desert would represent only one thing to her: the hope for his return.
that thought ends there and a new one starts (no this isn't in the book)
"DON'T THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE LEFT BEHIND," the alchemist said to the boy as they began to ride across the sands of the desert. "Everything is written in the soul of the World, and there it will stay forever."

The game ends there but the next sentence is cool so I will put it in there as well.

"Men dream more about coming home than about leaving," the boy said.

Very cool wisdom but the whole book is like that. It makes sense in my every day life and makes this game spooky for me.


1 comment:

photoholly said...

Sounds like a great book. I'll make you cookies the next time you're in town. Oh wait... Are you allowed to eat them????