Friday, February 22, 2008

Revisiting Soft Drinks


Another question I get asked a bit, is why no soft drinks? Bottom line is that they are filled with sugar. Check out this article. Anything in moderation won't kill you but if you look at your food choices as 'what will help my health and what will hurt it', drinking pop will obviously be a bad choice. Don't get me wrong, I still drink pop once in a while. By once in while I mean once a month, maybe when I am at the movies.

I got a great question from my brother yesterday that I am not sure I can answer. Needless to say I will be researching this. Why is alcohol a better choice than pop? I guess it's not really. Anything in moderation. I am not a big drinker. And when I do drink I limit it to a couple. More research to follow.
Photo credit: supercamel of Flickr

2 comments:

Dondro said...

http://www.military.com/NewContent/0,13190,Smith_021704,00.html

Check out that link, dude. I just found that and it sounds pretty interesting. It talks about how there's nothing wrong with anything in moderation, and even drinking 1-2 beers a day is OK, as long as you have the activity to make up for it.

So in theory, you could be alright drinking pop fairly regularly, as long as you compensated with activity.

Coach Keese said...

I have another article on this coming soon. Be patient with me. I am getting sources and studies together so it actually sounds researched.