Monday, May 26, 2008

WHAT I DO

What I Do

I design each training session utilizing fundamentally sound scientific principles. I employ a back to basics, minimalist style of training focusing on primal movement and total body, multi-joint exercises designed to benefit even the most sedentary individual while still punishing the elite athlete. Each plan is unique and is structured to maximize performance in the 10 Fitness Domains.

My approach is consistent with what is practiced in elite training programs associated with major university athletic teams and professional sports. No one would argue that athletes in these programs are some of the fittest people in the world – but make no mistake, these individuals have to work extremely hard to reach and maintain those levels of fitness.

My goal is to bring these coaching and training techniques to both athletes and the general public who do not have access to current technologies, methodologies and research.

It is true that genetics do play a role in this equation; however the most elite athletes in the world dedicate a great deal of time practicing and training. Unfortunately, TIME in the gym does not necessarily correlate to results. It is quality of work and not quantity that Forges Elite Fitness rather than pretend fitness.

In other words, doing “an hour of cardio is going to turn you into someone who is capable of doing an hour of cardio. Twenty minutes of hard sprinting will turn you into someone who can sprint, jump, lift, AND do an hour of cardio. Everyone thinks they work hard. Most of them are wrong. The harder you make ‘hard work’, the more progress you will make”.
(Jon Gilson – CrossFit Affiliate / Owner)

2 comments:

aka suska said...

I like the black print on the white background much better.

I do have a question though. How can you design a program that would accommodate someone like me for instance AND at the same time, challenge someone like you for instance. Understanding that I am quite unfit, with some fitness challenges (like osteoporosis) and well on the way to being a "senior citizen" and you are a ... well... a hunk!

Coach Keese said...

Essentially, I would modify the workout to your fitness level. For instance, If I was to do a workout of
5 pull ups
10 push ups
15 squats

for as many rounds in 20 min as possible. You would be doing a beginners workout of
2 inverted push ups
4 push ups (several modifiactions are available to you)
6 squats (modded if needed)
for 10 minutes. The needs of an olympic athlete and a 60 yr old only differ in degree, not kind. Meaning, the same work modality, just not as intense.
Thanks for the comment! And I am glad you like the new look. I am working some pics...