Friday, November 30, 2007

RUN 5K- Shut up and go!

Running is my nemesis. I hate it with a passion. Why is it, that I would decide to make it a focus from now on? To get better at it of course. It wouldn't be for enjoyment! I have also taken a look at my programming recently. Or lack thereof. When I first started doing Crossfit I sucked at everything so it didn't matter what I did, I could improve everywhere. To be honest with you, even now, 6 months later, I'm not that great at any one thing in particular. I have made improvements- don't get me wrong here, big improvements. I didn't even know how to attempt a snatch. Now I can manage one, even if I embarrass myself, I can do it!

Point being, there comes a time when you start to see patterns in performance. There are certain things I would like to be able to do but can't yet. Like run an 8 minute mile. These things should be pulled to the front of the class and have to sit beside the teacher.Oh ya folks, I'm talking about putting the behaviour under the microscope. Put them into your warm-up, put them into your practice routine after the workout (you do have a practice routine don't you?). Hell, put it into your workout. Practice it until it is not a problem for you. I think that is the key right there so I'll say it again, practice it until it's not a problem for you. Just don't forget about the other stuff, focus on one or two things at a time.

I am planning out my workouts with more purpose to them. Focus on weaknesses. Even though I do hate running I am getting better at telling 'the voice in my head' (I need to give him a name) to shut the hell up and keep going. A small victory but a victory. If I ever design a slogan for a shirt it will be SHUT UP AND GO!

No comments: