Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Wolf


Today was to be a 5x5 front squat. Something I have never really done. After doing this W.O.D I felt I could do more if I had more rest. The PR effort running yesterday really did my ass and hammies in.

Doing my warmup as usual I had an elder gentleman tell me I was going VEEEEERRRRY deep on my dips. I didn't know what to say so I said thanks! That's what I wanted. He then told me he was afraid I was going to injure myself. I explained to him about full range of motion and ring work and I actually got him to do a few. He is a believer now. I was impressed with him overall. A 68 year old man that can do 60 consecutive pushups and 10 consecutive pullups is impressive. Considering my consecutive pushup total is a mere 29 and pullups at 8! He told me he is an avid climer/hiker and is going to New Zealand to hike and climb mountains. Screw the tourist stuff he said. Good for him. That is the exact reason I do crossfit. To be able to do what this man can do. Cheers to all the 68 year olds of the world who are still active. His name is Wolf. I think I will name a WOD after him someday. I am just glad I could help him.

Front Squat Time 7:45 Effort: 7/10

5@95#
5@145#
4@165#
4@165#
3@165#
After the WOD I did double under practice as well as alternate foot skipping. It is coming along quite well.

No comments: